I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
Thom Rainer, who is the president and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources, just published an article outlining the five challenges to growth in the church today.
You can read his post here. But these challenges are not new to members of BCBC, and the Elders have made it one of the church priorities for 2017.
Pastor Rainer lists these challenges from a negative perspective. We prefer a more forward looking approach, as listed below.
As Christians and members of BCBC we must…
- Be intentionally relational with those who are not in church.
- Reflect an awareness of our beliefs and a willingness to be missionaries to our neighbors.
- Take opportunities to invite acquaintances and friends to come with you to church.
- Be welcoming to visitors before and after Sunday worship service, and ensure they have a good experience.
- Remember, when we use social media, we are always Christians.
Dr. Rainer concludes, “Then, and only then, will we see our churches start growing again.”