As a church, we are all called to be followers of Christ! Too, we’re called to go and make disciples of Christ. Paul writes…
“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 9:24-25 [thus the name “Cor9:24”])
On Wednesday and Sunday nights, Bent Creek Baptist will offer a variety of “small groups” to help you with your “core training.” They are open to everyone regardless of your affiliation with Bent Creek Baptist Church. These classes will connect and encourage you on the journey of discipleship!
Wednesday Night Groups (6:30-8:00)
Answering Hard Questions:
- “Can we know truth?” “Does God exist?” “Can we trust the Bible?” The world has become a fast-paced race of ideas. How do we engage the many worldviews and questions that challenge our faith?
- 1 Peter 3:15 says, “but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as Holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.”
- In this class, we’ll explore the worldviews influencing our culture and learn how to engage these with the Gospel in ‘gentleness and respect.’
Beginning Spanish: (NOTE: this class begins on September 17th)
- If you have ever had a desire to learn Spanish or brush up on your skills, here is your chance!
- Being able to communicate in another language can open so many new doors to build relationships and share the love of Christ with a whole new people group.
- You will learn basic-intermediate Spanish skills and have the opportunity to use them in conversational settings. No previous Spanish required! Any age is welcomed!
- Ready? ¡Vamos!
Women’s Bible Study:
- During the dark time of Judges where everyone did what was right in their own eyes, the book of Ruth stands out as a shining beacon of hope and redemption.
- Join us for an 8-week in depth study of the short but packed book of Ruth. (Written and taught by Patty Nicholas)
- Psalm 95:2 says “Let us come before him with thanksgiving and worship him with music and song.”
- Join the worship team as they enjoy fellowship and worship together! (And prepare to lead our church family in worship on Sunday morning.)
- Join a team that serves a vital ministry in the lives of our children (preschool to 6th grade).
- You’ll help the kids learn the Bible (as well as learning more yourself)!
- Ever had a chance to visit and encourage someone in a nursing home?
- This group will be focus on ministering to those in our church who are home-bound or in nursing homes.
Foundations – New Members Class:
- Have you been attending Bent Creek and are now interested in becoming a member?
- We will discuss Bent Creek’s core beliefs and practices as well as help you discover your spiritual gift!
Sunday Night Groups (Meet at 6:00)
Men’s Bible Study:
- Men, this is a great opportunity to meet with other men and talk honestly about issues that we face on our journey of discipleship!
- Join this group for stimulating Bible discussion and practical help from 1 John.
Youth Group (meets at Davis’ home):
- Join other students (6th to 12th grade) for fun relationships and engaging time in the scriptures!
It will be the most rewarding time you’ll spend all week. Join us at Bent Creek Baptist Church on Sunday and Wednesday evenings beginning September 3rd. Childcare is available on Wednesday nights.