Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. (Romans 10:9-10)
Please explore this archive of past sermons. You can stream the sermons or download the audio file by clicking on the MP3 file name below the audio player. Send to iTunes or smartphone too!
John 4:21-24 (John 4:21-24)Joe Dillon, Interim Pastor, January 19, 2020
Part of the Let The Church be the Church series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
Let the Church be the Church
John 4: 21-24
Worship; when our minds focus, and hearts affections are turned towards God in spirit and truth.
1. All Worship, Isaiah 44:13-20
• We were created to worship.
• We worship the created rather than the creator, Romans 1:19-25
• The church is the restoration of true worship on earth.
2. Worship ways.
• Anyplace, anytime.
• Meditation on Gods Word (the mind)
• Singing (stirring up our affections with truth)
• Thanksgiving (attitude)
• Testimony (a river without banks is nothing more than a flood), God centered, building up each other.
3. Worship changes us.
• Experience the presence of God
• Confidence in God
• Peace in the storm
• Unity in the church
|« Worship the Great Deception||None||Ephesians 4:1-6 »|
21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (KJV)