Bent Creek Baptist Church believes that donors and prospective donors should have full confidence in our Church’s stewardship of their funds. Donors have the following rights:
- Know the mission of Bent Creek Baptist Church, how donations will be used, and our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Know of the identity of those serving on the church’s governing board, and expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the church’s most recent audited financial statements.
- Assurance that their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Assurance that information about their donations will be handled respectfully and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- All relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- All individuals seeking donations are volunteers or employees of the church.
- Have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that church ministries and related entities may intend to share.
- Freedom to ask questions when making a donation and receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Bent Creek Baptist Church retains the right to deny or re-designate gifts as a result of conflict of interest or the unreasonableness of the stipulation.